The _LASTBUTTON function returns the number of buttons a specified INPUT device on your computer has.
buttonCount% = __LASTBUTTON(deviceNumber)
- Returns the number of buttons that can be read on a specified device number within the number of _DEVICES found.
- A valid number can be sent to the _BUTTON or _BUTTONCHANGE function to find any button events.
- The specific device name and functions can be found by the _DEVICE$ function STRING.
- The devices are listed in a numerical order determined by the OS and can be read by the _DEVICE$ function.
- The _DEVICES function must be read before using _LASTBUTTON or an ERROR Codes will occur.
- Devices include keyboard (reported as 1), mouse (reported as 2), joysticks, game pads and multiple stick game controllers.
Checking for the system’s input devices.
devices = _DEVICES 'MUST be read in order for other 2 device functions to work! PRINT "Number of input devices found ="; devices FOR i = 1 TO devices PRINT _DEVICE$(i) PRINT "Buttons:"; _LASTBUTTON(i) NEXT
Number of input devices found = 2 [KEYBOARD][BUTTON] Buttons: 512 [MOUSE][BUTTON][AXIS][WHEEL] Buttons: 3