The _LASTAXIS function returns the number of axis a specified number INPUT device on your computer has.
axisCount% = _LASTAXIS(deviceNumber)
- Returns the number of axis that can be read on a specified device number within the number of _DEVICES found.
- A valid number can be sent to the _AXIS function to find any relative axis movements.
- The devices are listed in a numerical order determined by the OS and can be read by the _DEVICE$ function.
- The _DEVICES function must be read before using _LASTAXIS or an ERROR Codes will occur.
- Devices include keyboard(1), mouse(2), joysticks, game pads and multiple stick game controllers.
Checking for the system’s input devices and number of axis.
devices = _DEVICES 'MUST be read in order for other 2 device functions to work! PRINT "Number of input devices found ="; devices FOR i = 1 TO devices PRINT _DEVICE$(i) IF INSTR(_DEVICE$(i), "[AXIS]") THEN PRINT "Axis:"; _LASTAXIS(i) NEXT
Number of input devices found = 2 [KEYBOARD][BUTTON] [MOUSE][BUTTON][AXIS][WHEEL] Axis: 2
Note: The STRIG/STICK commands won’t read from the keyboard or mouse device the above example lists.