The _LASTWHEEL function returns the number of wheels a specified number INPUT device on your computer has.
wheelCount% = _LASTWHEEL(deviceNumber)
- Returns the number of wheels that can be used on a specified device number within the number of _DEVICES found.
- A valid number can be sent to the _WHEEL function to find any relative positive or negative wheel movements.
- The devices are listed in a numerical order determined by the OS and can be read by the _DEVICE$ function.
- The _DEVICES function must be read before using _LASTWHEEL or an ERROR Codes may occur.
- Devices include keyboard (reported as 1), mouse (reported as 2), joysticks, game pads and multiple stick game controllers.
Checking for the system’s input devices and number of wheels available.
devices = _DEVICES 'MUST be read in order for other 2 device functions to work! PRINT "Number of input devices found ="; devices FOR i = 1 TO devices PRINT _DEVICE$(i) IF INSTR(_DEVICE$(i), "[WHEEL]") THEN PRINT "Wheels:"; _LASTWHEEL(i) NEXT
Number of input devices found = 2 [KEYBOARD][BUTTON] [MOUSE][BUTTON][AXIS][WHEEL] Wheels: 3
Note: A mouse may have 3 wheels listed when there is only one scroll wheel.