The _OPENCONNECTION function opens a connection from a client that the host has detected and returns a status handle.
connectHandle = _OPENCONNECTION(hostHandle)
- Valid connectHandle values returned are negative numbers.
- If the syntax is correct but they fail to begin/connect, a connectHandle of 0 is returned.
- Always check if the handle returned is 0 (failed) before continuing.
- CLOSE #connectHandle closes the connection. Failed connections(connectHandle = 0) do not need to be closed.
- As a Host you can check for new clients (users). Each will have a unique connection handle.
- Creates an ERROR Codes error if called with a string argument of the wrong syntax.
- Handle values can be used as the open number by GET (TCP/IP statement) read statement and PUT (TCP/IP statement) write statement.