The _CONSOLEINPUT function is used to monitor any new mouse or keyboard input coming from a $CONSOLE window. It must be called in order for _CINP to return valid values. Windows-only.
infoExists%% = _CONSOLEINPUT
- Returns 1 if new keyboard information is available, 2 if mouse information is available, otherwise it returns 0.
- Must be called before reading any of the other mouse functions and before reading _CINP.
- To clear all previous input data, read _CONSOLEINPUT in a loop until it returns 0.
- To capture mouse input, turn off Quick Edit in the settings of command prompt and use _SOURCE _CONSOLE.
- Keywords currently not supported.
Reading individual key strokes from a console window (Windows).
$CONSOLE:ONLY _DEST _CONSOLE: _SOURCE _CONSOLE PRINT "Press any key, and I'll give you the scan code for it. <ESC> quits the demo." PRINT PRINT DO x = _CONSOLEINPUT IF x = 1 THEN 'read only keyboard input ( = 1) c = _CINP PRINT c; END IF LOOP UNTIL c = 1 END