- count designates the number of column spaces to move the cursor in a PRINT statement.
- When used in a PRINT statement,
- count% is the number of space characters to print, overwriting existing characters.
- If count% is greater than the number of columns left in the current row, remaining space characters are printed on the next row.
- When used in a PRINT (file statement) statement,
- count% is the number of space characters to output.
- If count% is less than or equal to zero, the function has no effect.
Using SPC to space a text print.
PRINT "123456789" PRINT "abc" ; SPC(3) ; "123"
123456789 abc 123