- Text keys can be: Comments, CompanyName, FileDescription, FileVersion, InternalName, LegalCopyright, LegalTrademarks, OriginalFilename, ProductName, ProductVersion, Web
- Numeric keys can be:FILEVERSION# and PRODUCTVERSION#
- Text and numerical values are string literals without quotes entered by programmer. No variables are accepted. (variable names would be interpreted as literals).
- Numeric key=value must be 4 comma-separated numerical text values entered by programmer which usually stand for major, minor, revision and build numbers).
- A manifest file is automatically embedded into the resulting .exe file so that Common Controls v6.0 gets linked at runtime, if required.
- Keywords currently not supported.
- Build 20170429/52 and up.
Adding metadata to a Windows exe compiled with QB64:
$VERSIONINFO:CompanyName=Your company name goes here $VERSIONINFO:FILEVERSION#=1,0,0,0 $VERSIONINFO:PRODUCTVERSION#=1,0,0,0