nextItem$ = _DROPPEDFILE
nextItem$ = _DROPPEDFILE(index&)
- After _ACCEPTFILEDROP is enabled, once _TOTALDROPPEDFILES is greater than 0 the list of dropped items will be available for retrieval with _DROPPEDFILE
- When using _DROPPEDFILE to read the list sequentially (without specifying an index&), an empty string (“”) indicates the list is over and then _TOTALDROPPEDFILES gets reset to 0.
- When using _DROPPEDFILE with an index (which goes from 1 to _TOTALDROPPEDFILES), you must call _FINISHDROP after you finish working with the list.
- Because it returns a string, _DROPPEDFILE also accepts being followed by a string suffix (_DROPPEDFILE$)
- Keywords currently not supported.
- Version 1.3 and up.
Accepting files dragged from a folder and processing the list received by specifying an index.
SCREEN _NEWIMAGE(128, 25, 0) _ACCEPTFILEDROP 'enables drag/drop functionality PRINT "Drag files from a folder and drop them in this window..." DO IF _TOTALDROPPEDFILES THEN FOR i = 1 TO _TOTALDROPPEDFILES a$ = _DROPPEDFILE(i) COLOR 15 PRINT i, IF _FILEEXISTS(a$) THEN COLOR 2: PRINT "file", ELSE IF _DIREXISTS(a$) THEN COLOR 3: PRINT "folder", ELSE COLOR 4: PRINT "not found", 'highly unlikely, but who knows? END IF END IF COLOR 15 PRINT a$ NEXT _FINISHDROP END IF _LIMIT 30 LOOP